These deliciously sweet and spicy roasted chickpeas and beans make a high protein snack you can munch on. You can use them as a topping on your salads, tacos, and wraps.
They are crispy bursting with flavors. I have used Chat masala, garlic powder, chili flakes, and coconut sugar to achieve a sweet and spicy taste. You can experiment with different spices and herbs the way you like. You can simply skip coconut sugar if you want some savory flavors only.
While roasting, cannellini beans will split, as the cooking time of both chickpeas and beans is different. But don’t worry they will give a very unique texture to the snack.
You can store the roasted mix in an airtight jar for up to 4 to 7 days. If they get soggy you can reheat them on very low heat in an airfryer or oven for 5 minutes.
Watch How to Make Sweet and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and Beans
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Beans and Chickpeas
- 2 cans Cellini beans 400g each
- 2 cans Chickpeas 400g each
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tbs Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and beans. Place in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Let it sit for a while and then drain. Dry on paper towel. This step will ensure that chickpeas and beans are crispy after roasting.
- Place chickpeas and beans on the baking tray and bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until they are golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix all spices and coconut sugar together.
- Once chickpeas and beans are done remove from the heat. Add oil and all seasoning mixture. Toss until all well coated.
- Garnish with some lemon zest.
- Store the roasted mix in an airtight jar for up to 4 to 7 days.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment, and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.