This No Knead Artisan Bread is so simple and easy to make, Just four ingredients and five minutes prep time and you will get a perfect crispy crusty artisan bread. It is a vegan bread recipe that is oil free and sugar free.
The Magical No knead Artisan Bread
I believe that if there is one recipe that is the most searched and appears on the internet, it is this famous “No knead Artisan bread recipe.”
This dish conquered the hearts and kitchens of all lovers of homemade bread. Just an incredible success for this revolutionary recipe, which makes it possible to obtain a loaf of magnificent artisan bread.
Your bread will be a thousand times better than bread made in the bread machine, and is much easier to prepare than you think!
It’s magic! Just impossible to believe that this bread can be homemade. 😉
What You Need for No Knead Artisan Bread
How to make delicious crusty bread yourself, without kneading? You require just four simple ingredients. Yes!
This tasty bread is just amazing and easy to make.
- All-Purpose Flour: After testing different kinds of flour and mixtures, my preference goes to the one made with all-purpose flour.
- Warm near to hot water: To make the mixture, add 2 cups of warm water. You’ll get a sticky mixture and its normal!
- Dry active yeast: This ingredient is really important and brings the flavor. You will need 1/2 Tbs of dry active yeast which will be added to the dough.
- Salt: 1/2 Tbs of salt will be added. Keep in mind that it’s essential!
Yes, you read it right, you do not need any oil or sugar for this bread recipe.
How to Make Artisan Bread at Home
- Prepare the mixture: Combine salt and active dry yeast in warm water. Add flour gradually and mix well with wooden spoon and hands. Cover with plastic wrap and place a towel over the top. Leave in a dry warm place for up to 2 to 3 hours.
- Get it into shape: Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Once risen scrape dough out of the bowl, sprinkle the top of the dough with flour and fold it. Roughly form a round shape. Divide dough into 2 parts and make an oval-shaped ball.
- Almost done: Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes over a baking tray. Sprinkle some oats and white sesame seed over the dough ball and slightly press. Once done, carefully place your bread dough ball tray on the rack. Pour a cup of water in a dish underneath your bread dough rack. This will create steam and ensure a crispy and crunchy crusty bread.
- Bake for 30 Minutes: Remove with baking gloves on over a cooling rack. Serve with your soups or toast to eat. Leftover dough can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Depending on the size of the bread as well as the type of flour used, the process may take a few tries to arrive at the ideal amount! Even if the first loaves are not perfect, they will still be very good.
My first wasn’t quite bloated enough, but that’s okay! 😂
A good starting guide would be to use the same quantity I used to achieve the same result.
Good luck and let me know if you get started! (Imagine a good loaf of bread…Yum!).
How to Store your Artisan Bread for Long?
Storing the Bread: Baked bread keeps well for two to three days on the shelf. But I bet it will disappear really fast.
Freezing the Bread: To freeze the bread let the loaves cool completely, wrap it in some paper and then place it in an airtight freezer bag. Bread will keep well in the freezer for up to 2 months. Once needed let it thaw overnight and warm up in the oven.
How to Thaw Frozen Bread: Remove it from freezer bags and let it thaw in the fridge for 7 to 8 hours. Once soft, warm it up in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes at 350F (180C).
Storing the Dough: You can keep the dough in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container, and freshly bake it whenever you need it. I have done it with perfection many times.
Watch How to Make No Knead Artisan Bread
Is This No Knead Artisan Bread Worth It?
Whether it’s every day or just once in a while, for me the answer is clear for making this bread. REALLY! It is for several reasons:
- It’s really cheap: by my calculations, $1 just for a 1.5 pound (650 gram) loaf of bread. It’s easily 4 times more economical than a comparable loaf at the grocery store or bakery.
- Simple Ingredients: You always have in your pantry, what you need to make it!
- We control the ingredients: Many of the industrial pieces of bread we buy are filled with artificial ingredients and preservatives. However, basically, Artisan bread only needs 4 ingredients!
- It makes a small weekday supper pleasantly special.
- It might be okay in the best loaves of bread you’ve eaten.
- It smells good in the kitchen all day long.
- The feeling of satisfaction in baking bread is immense.
- I always love making the recipe.
It is still a precious string to my culinary bow even after ten years, it is always a great pleasure to do it and especially to eat it. People really have a special connection with homemade bread; it leaves no one indifferent!
Just give it one try and boom… You’ll never get tired of making it!
No Knead Artisan Bread
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Warm near to hot water
- ½ Tbs Dry active yeast
- ½ Tbs Salt
- Combine salt and active dry yeast in warm water.
- Add flour gradually and mix well with wooden spoon and hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place a towel over the top. Leave in a dry warm place for up to 2 to 3 hours.Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Once risen scrape dough out of the bowl, sprinkle the top of the dough with flour and fold it. Roughly form a round shape.
- Take a half of the dough and form an oval shape. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes over a baking tray.
- Sprinkle some oats and white sesame seed over the dough ball and slightly press. Score the loaf in a couple of spots before baking using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors
- Once done, carefully place your bread dough ball tray on the rack. Pour a cup of water in a dish underneath your bread dough rack. This will create steam and ensure a crispy and crunchy crusty bread. Bake for 30 Minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven with baking gloves and place it over a cooling rack and let the loaf cool completely.
- Serve with your soups or toast to eat.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment, and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.