Salted Caramel bread croutons are pieces of sautéed or re baked bread, cubed and coated with salted caramel syrup. They are crunchy, got toffee-like flavors and so light to eat. They can be a good topping for your Ice-cream bowls or puddings, or you can simply munch on them while watching a movie.
It’s a great sweet snack or a luxury dessert topping. So easy to make and you will only need a handful of ingredients which must be lying in your pantry all the time. So, let's get into the recipe.
Salted Caramel Bread Croutons
- 8 slices Bread
- 25 g Vegan butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Coarse salt
- Take the bread slices and carefully cut off their edges. Slice bread into small cubes.
- In a pan, add bread cubes and toast on low flame stirring frequently, until golden and crispy. Once done set aside.
- In a wok add sugar and water, mix well and cook on low flame until sugar melts & stir continuously.
- Add baking powder and mix frequently for a minute or two until sugar caramelizes and changes its color.
- Add coarse salt and toasted bread cubes and coat well. In a baking tray spread butter paper and transfer caramel bread croutons. Let them cool completely. Tada crispy salted caramel croutons are ready to munch.