Make this rich, smooth, and satisfying Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse in just 15 minutes! It's a raw vegan mousse with an easy recipe that you can make any time, all you need is a few ingredients and a food blender.
Chocolate mousse is a delicious dessert that can be made in lots of different ways, but it's usually pretty high in sugar and calories. This mousse recipe is a healthy alternative that still tastes great! The avocado gives the mousse a creamy texture and the chocolate flavor makes it irresistible. Plus, this recipe is perfect for those following a Vegan, Paleo, or Keto diet. Give it a try!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
Do you love avocados? If so, you're in luck! There are a ton of avocado benefits that you can enjoy. From helping with weight loss to reducing inflammation, avocados have something to offer everyone.
Hass avocado is the perfect choice to make this vegan avocado mousse recipe. Because of their high-fat content, they are easy to blend and richer in taste. They are creamier and the fat in them is considered a healthy fat.
Ingredients to Use
- Avocado: Take extra ripe Hass Avocado. They are creamier in texture and make extra fine and smooth mousse.
- Cocoa Powder: I am using Dutch-processed cocoa powder as it is milder and less acidic than natural. It's a great option for those who can't tolerate the kick that traditional dark chocolates bring to their taste buds!
- Maple Syrup: for sweetness, you can use any natural sweetener.
- Vanilla essence: For Perfect Flavor and aroma.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: To add extra chocolate flavor, shine, and creamy texture to the mousse.
- Plant-Based Milk: Almond milk is the perfect choice for this.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
To make this mousse recipe simply
- Melt the chocolate chips. Be careful not to burn it on high heat- remember that this should only take about 1-minute total time. Set aside and let it cool until just warm.
- Next, Peel and scoop out the avocado flesh into the blender. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for a thicker, mousse-like consistency.
- Garnish with some chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, coconut cream foam, or some fresh strawberries or cherries as per your choice.
Tips to Get the Perfect Consistency
For a silky-smooth mousse follow these tips and get it done right.
- Always use ripe avocado to make the mousse. Hass Avocado is the right kind of avocado for this recipe.
- Make sure you stir the chocolate in between the melting process and heat it at a low temperature.
- Let the chocolate cool down a bit before pouring over the avocado.
- Always make sure your avocado is at room temperature otherwise it might harden the chocolate and create lumps.
- Use a high-speed blender or steel blade food processor for perfect smooth consistency.
- You can enjoy the vegan chocolate mousse immediately or refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours for a thicker consistency.
This vegan chocolate mousse is delicious and versatile! Store it in the refrigerator for 1 week or freeze up to 2 months. Take some out of storage before defrosting overnight so that you can enjoy your favorite dessert with ease.
Some More Vegan Chocolate Desserts
Dessert is a must-have after any meal, and there's no need to miss out on chocolate just because you're vegan. These recipes are all dairy-free and delicious, so dig in!
This easy vegan avocado chocolate mousse is a healthy and delicious way to end your meal on any special occasion. You can enjoy it as I did, or you could use this recipe for an impressive dessert at home that will impress even the most demanding of eaters!
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- food processor
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it for 10 seconds and stir. Microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds and stir, continue this until chocolate melts into a creamy consistency. Remove from microwave and stir well with fork or spoon until smooth. Be careful not to burn it on high heat- remember that this should only take about 1-minute total time.
- Set aside and let it cool until just warm.
- Halve and peel the avocados. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado in a food processor or high-powered blender. Make sure the avocados are not cold and are at room temperature otherwise they will cause the melted chocolate to harden.
- Next add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down if needed.
- Spoon out and top it with some chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, coconut cream foam, or some fresh strawberries or cherries.
- You can enjoy it immediately or refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for a thicker, mousse-like consistency.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment, and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.