There is nothing more satisfying than a really good homemade vegan semolina pudding. Whenever I feel like changing my simple oats breakfast, semolina is among my top choices. Although I am a huge fan of oats but like everyone, I too crave change. Ever since I made this creamy vegan coconut pudding with mango sauce, I am in love with its texture and refreshing flavor of mango. I love this combination of mango and coconut with semolina. It is creamy, refreshingly aromatic and delicious.
This easy vegan semolina pudding is not only dairy-free, but it is also sugar-free, as I am using maple syrup instead of sugar to satisfy my sweet tooth. If you are using ripe mangoes for the sauce, you can skip maple syrup as well.
Some semolina puddings taste better when served warm but this one, I prefer being served cold. The colder it is, the better it tastes.
Lastly, do not forget to top it up with coconut cream for extra oomph. It might increase your calorie intake but you wouldn’t regret it a single bit, trust me!
Vegan Coconut Semolina Pudding with Mango Sauce
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbs Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs Maple syrup
- 1 cup Mango
- 1/2 tsp Chia seeds
- Mango cubes
- Desiccated coconut
- Coconut cream
- Roast semolina on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes stirring continuously.
- Once semolina changes its color to golden, add coconut oil and cook for another minute or two.
- Gradually pour water and mix well. When it starts to bubble add desiccated coconut and maple syrup.
- Let it cook with constant stirring until the desired consistency is achieved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In the meantime, for mango syrup simply blend mango cubes with chia seeds. I am using frozen mango you can also use fresh ones.
- Serve semolina pudding topped with mango sauce, some more desiccated coconut, and coconut cream.