This chocolate pineapple smoothie is the perfect summer treat! It's sweet, creamy, and full of delicious chocolate flavor. Best of all, it is dairy free and it only takes a few minutes to make.
I think the pineapple and chocolate combination is one of the most underrated flavor pairings out there. Pineapple is a fruit that is often associated with tropical flavors, but it also has a slight acidity that helps to balance out the sweetness of chocolate.
When it's hot outside and I don't want to cook, a smoothie can be the perfect meal replacement. They're quick and easy to make, and I can customize them to my taste. Plus, they're packed with nutrients and can be very filling. If you're looking for a healthy way to stay cool this summer, a smoothie is a way to go. This pineapple chocolate smoothie is a perfect treat for all chocolate lovers.
What You’ll Need
- Frozen Banana: I love to use frozen banana as a base for most of my smoothies as it makes smoothies creamier and it makes the smoothie sweet and creamy without adding extra sugar.
- Pineapple Slices: I am using tinned pineapple slices as they are easy to blend, have a less citrus flavor, and are a pantry staple. But I have tried this recipe with fresh pineapple chunks and it was equally good. You can use both as per your choice.
- Cocoa Powder: I am using Dutch process cocoa powder to add rich chocolate flavor and color to the smoothie.
- Pineapple Juice: It will add extra fruity flavor.
- Oat Milk: It will add a thick creamy texture to the smoothie and will make it more fulfilling.
- Chocolate Chips (optional): You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of your smoothie or melt them and add them into the smoothie for extra indulgent flavor.
How to Make the Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie
It’s a basic smoothie recipe and I will not make it unnecessarily hard.
Simply add the frozen banana, pineapple slices, cocoa powder, oat milk, and pineapple juice to the blender.
I am not using ice as the frozen banana will do the task. You can use some frozen chunks of pineapple too to make it thicker and fluffier.
Blend and serve!
Tips and Variations
This basic recipe is quite easy, right? You can add some variations to the recipe like
- Skip the pineapple juice to make it thicker.
- If the banana is not sweet enough you can add sweetness with a dash of maple syrup.
- There is no hard and fast rule you can always make it interesting by adding more fruits like berries, mango, kiwi, etc.
- You can add protein powder to boost the protein in your smoothie.
- Chia seeds or flax meal is a great addition to smoothies. They will not only add extra fiber but also tons of nutrition.
- Peanut butter makes smoothies richer and it tastes like heaven.
How to Store
In my house leftover smoothie is not an option. But in case you have leftovers or you want to make it ahead of time you can refrigerate it in air-tight lid jars for 24 hours.
Before serving give it another shake as mostly it separates while storing.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie
- Apple Banana Spinach Smoothie
- Green Apple Smoothie
Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie
- Simply add the frozen banana, pineapple slices, cocoa powder, oat milk, and pineapple juice to the blender.
- Blend on medium speed to well combine the chunks.
- Blend on high speed to make it smooth
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.