When the busy week hits, simple and speedy breakfast is exactly what you need. Breakfast bars are one of my favorites to make-ahead breakfast options. Almost all the time I have these in my fridge and I really enjoy them in a busy morning whenever I am running late. These bars got an amazing combination of Oats, Almond meal, and blueberry jam, which makes these homemade jam bars irresistible.
These yummy bars are vegan, gluten-free and are the perfect portable snack packed with flavor, crunch, and chew. You can also count these in your list of snacks that has some serious staying power.
Let’s talk about the ease factor. Grab all the ingredients and stir in a bowl, add your favorite fruit preserve and bake, tada. Enjoy.
Jam Crumble Bars
- 1 cup Gluten-free oats
- ½ cup Almond meal
- ⅓ cup Coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbs Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Blueberry fruit preserve
- 1 tbs Chia seeds
- 2 tbs Silver almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oats, almond meal, coconut sugar, baking powder, butter, and salt together into a crumble-like mixture.
- Press two-thirds of the crumble into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with butter paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the blueberry fruit preserve layer on top of the baked bottom layer. Sprinkle with chia seeds, slivered almonds, and remaining crumble.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- They will need a little time to set up so chill them for 2 to 3 hours to get them really solid.
Delicious! So perfect. Thanks for the great recipe.