The holiday season is just around the corner and everyone is seriously looking for some new festive recipes. Here I am with a new vegan holiday breakfast muffin recipe. They look like rose and taste just like cinnamon rolls. You can make them for your holiday breakfast or brunch to impress your friends and family. The best part is that you can make them ahead of time and simply reheat and serve.
These fluffy rose muffins are made-up of a simple French bread dough filled with cinnamon and sugar. They taste just like cinnamon rolls, but in a muffin form. They look so fancy and festive but they are so easy to make that anyone can do it!
Ingredients for Vegan Holiday Breakfast Muffin
These ridiculously good vegan breakfast muffins are easy to make and super soft and fluffy when tearing them apart.
- French Bread Dough: You can simply use store-bought dough or make your own.
- For making your dough you need, warm water, instant dry yeast, all-purpose flour, and sugar.
- Filling: For the filling, you need 3 simple ingredients, Cinnamon Powder, Sugar, and Sunflower Butter.
- Glaze: Glaze is as simple as whisking together icing sugar and almond milk.
Step By Step Process Video For Vegan Holiday Breakfast Muffin
I hope you all LOVE these muffins! They’re:
- Perfectly sweet
- & Delicious
Vegan Holiday Breakfast Muffin
- 1 cup Warm water
- 2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Soft sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup Raw sugar
- 1 tbs Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 3 tbs Almond milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Make sure that your water is warm (not too cold, not too hot). Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture with 1 cup of flour and sugar. Add flour gradually and keep on mixing. At this stage, it will be kind of sticky.
- Stir in the rest of the flour. Mix it with your hands and form a ball shape. Cover and let the dough rise until doubled, about an hour or so, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
- Once it is doubled in size, sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and knead the dough for 6-7 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Preheat oven at 375F. So, it will be nice and warm when you put your muffins to bake.
- Slice the dough in for equal parts. Next, roll the dough into a 1cm thickness flat round shape.
- In a bowl mix cinnamon and raw sugar.
- Spread soft sunflower butter on the surface of the dough and sprinkle a generous amount of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Roll into a cylindrical tube (see the video) and cut it into 1-inch pieces. Each cylindrical tube will yield around 12 pieces.
- Flat these cubes with your hands into a round shape while creating a marbling effect. You can also use a rolling pin, but I would recommend using your hands. It will be less messy and make a better marbling effect.
- Take 4 flatten dough circles overlapping each other, roll into a rose shape.
- Put them into a greased muffin tray and let them rise again for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown,
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow cooling.
- Meanwhile, prepare your glaze by simply mixing icing sugar and almond milk. Add 1 tbs of milk at a time and whisk. Repeat until getting the desired consistency.
- Keep covered until ready to use, whisk again before drizzling on top of the cinnamon buns.
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon and sugar on top and serve.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.