These Ultra Crispy Smashed Potatoes are delightfully crispy from outside and soft and gooey from inside. They are flavored with a delicious tandoori spice mix and are baked to perfection. They make a perfect vegan side dish or a healthy gluten-free vegan snack.
I was first introduced to these roasted smashed potatoes by Delish and I simply loved it. I’ve twisted the recipe according to my taste buds, by flavoring these potatoes with the tandoori spice mix. Hope you will like it as much as I do.
Ingredients for Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Baby Potatoes: you can use any kind of potatoes as long as they are tiny in size.
- Garlic: Freshly crushed garlic works best.
- Lemon Juice
- Tandoori Spice Mix: Salt, Paprika powder, Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Chat masala, Coriander powder, Garam masala.
How to Make Smashed Potatoes:
- Clean, wash and boil potatoes until tender.
- Prepare the Tandoori spice mix.
- In a baking Tray, cover drained potatoes with oil, tandoori spice mix, garlic, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Bake until crispy golden.
- Garnish and serve.
These crispy smashed potatoes are so delicious that you can munch on them as a delicious snack or serve them as a side dish. If you like this recipe you may also enjoy my other vegan side dish recipes like CHILI GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS, or SUPER CRISPY RECIPE FOR FRIED CAULIFLOWER.
This is by far one of the best vegan smashed potato recipe full of textures and flavors. They are
- Spicy and flavorful
- And easy to make.
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
- 15-18 Pcs Baby potatoes
- 3 Tbs Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1½ Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Corn Starch
Tandoori Spice mix:
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Paprika Powder
- ¼ Tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garam Masala
- ½ Tsp Chat Masala
- Chopped Parsley
- Vegan Parmesan
- Prepare potatoes by scrubbing and washing them under running water. Make sure there are no traces of dirt remain.
- Take a large stockpot, fill it with clean water and bring to boil. Add in baby potatoes and sprinkle over some salt.
- While the potatoes are boiling preheat oven on about 200°C | 400°F.
- Cook potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare Tandoori spice by mixing all spices. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done drain them and let them sit for about 2 to 3 minutes. Let them cool so they are easy to handle.
- Next Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with oil, Crushed Garlic, Tandoori spice mix, lemon juice, and corn starch. Mix well.
- Spread all potatoes on a baking tray leaving about one-and-a-half-inch distance in between.
- Carefully smash the potatoes using the base of a glass or a potato masher, smash until flattened but still in one piece.
- Bake until the potatoes are nicely crispy and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle them with chopped fresh parsley, and vegan parmesan, Serve hot.