Are you looking for a delicious Vegan Brussel Sprouts recipe? Look no further! These Chili Brussels sprouts are panko breaded and roasted to perfection, then covered in a spicy sauce. They're perfect for Thanksgiving or any other special occasion!
The deliciousness of these chili brussels sprouts will have you coming back for seconds! They are tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and super spicy, just like any buffalo wing you are craving. They’re oven-baked and tossed with a spicy sauce that's sure to please any palate.
- Brussel Sprouts: Smaller the better, if they are too big in size cut in half. Remove loose leaves.
- The batter for Coating: To coat brussels sprouts we need a mixture of flour, cornflour, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. This will not only help panko bread crumbs to stick to sprouts but also will add in flavor and crispiness baking.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: To dry coat sprouts. Do not use simple bread crumbs they will get soggy and will not give the same texture.
- Chili Sauce: To coat the baked sprouts we made a sauce mix of Margarine, chopped garlic, chili sauce, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, coconut sugar.
How to Make Chili Brussel Sprouts
Wash Brussel sprouts, remove any dry, dirty, and loose leaves. Preheat oven at 375F for roasting.
Make the Batter for Coating
To coat the sprouts, make the batter. In a bowl mix flour, cornflour, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.
In another bowl stir together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a minute to curdle. Once it gets a little thick pour the almond milk mixture into dry ingredients.
In another bowl pour panko breadcrumbs for dry coating.
Coat and Bake
Start by dipping the Brussel sprouts into the prepared batter. Make sure they are evenly covered. Next place in panko breadcrumb bowl and softly coat with it. Coat evenly and spread over a baking tray.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crispy golden.
Prepare the Sauce
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by heating the vegan butter or Margerine into a frying pan on medium heat and fry thinly chopped garlic.
Add chili sauce, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, and coconut sugar and stir for a minute or two until thickened.
Now pour over baked Brussel sprouts and toss into sauce. Serve Immediately
How to Serve?
Make-Ahead and Storage
You can coat and bake these little veggies ahead of time and simply toss them in the sauce at the time of serving.
I love how quickly these sprouts disappear. These are so delicious that they finish in minutes and there won't be any leftovers for storage! I never store them as by the time their texture becomes harder to chew. SO, make them fresh and enjoy them at their best.
Hope you enjoy this healthy vegan Brussel sprouts recipe, it's easy to make and looks so great on the table. Perfect as a side dish for holiday dinners or thanksgiving!
Chili Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Tbs Corn flour
- ½ Tsp Chili powder
- ¼ Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Almond milk
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Pound Brussels sprouts
Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tbs Butter (Margarine)
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- ⅓ Cup Chili Sauce
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tsp Coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour, cornflour, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- In another bowl stir together almond milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a minute to curdle. Once it gets a little thick pour the almond milk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Trim off bad leaves from sprouts and wash thoroughly.
- Pour panko breadcrumbs in a bowl and then dip Brussels sprouts into prepared batter and then in panko breadcrumbs. Coat evenly and spread over a baking tray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crispy golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by heating the vegan butter into a frying pan on medium heat and fry thinly chopped garlic.
- Add chili sauce, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, and coconut sugar and stir for a minute or two until thickened.
- Now pour over baked Brussels sprouts and toss into sauce. Serve Immediately with some vegan mayo or ranch sauce.
- Make sure to wash, tap dry and remove loose leaves off the sprouts before coating.
- Use a tong or dry hand to coat bread crumbs on sprouts.
- Batter should be in thick consistency so it stick to the sprouts.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.