This Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie makes the perfect power breakfast. It is unbelievably rich, nutritious, and so fulfilling, that will keep you satisfied for hours.
It is as simple as just blending together four simple ingredients that you almost have all the time in your kitchen. I Intentionally kept this recipe so simple with just four ingredients so you can make it anywhere at any time. If your bananas are overripe and sweet enough you can also skip maple syrup. There is nothing fancy in this easy smoothie recipe but it is full of healthy fats, Protein, Calcium, potassium, and fiber.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Ingredients
- Banana: Peel and slice the banana, freeze in some airtight container or sealed bag. Frozen banana makes the perfect rich, velvety and thick smoothie. Fresh bananas do the job but to get the right consistency you must freeze them.
- Peanut Butter: smooth peanut butter works the best for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup: If bananas are too ripe you can skip maple syrup.
- Almond Milk: Almond milk gives a delicious rich flavor to the smoothie, but you can always switch it with oat or soy milk.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Calories
This smoothie has 325 calories,17.4 grams of fat, 9.7 grams of protein and 37 grams of carbs. It’s also rich in potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, dietary fiber and calcium.
Is Peanut Butter Good for You?
Peanut butter makes a perfect breakfast ingredient. It is not only high in protein but also rich in Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Niacin and Vitamin B-6. However, it is also high in calories and fat content so one should always take it in moderation. Read more about the health benefits of peanut butter here.
Is Banana Good for you?
Bananas are a rich source of carbs. Bananas are a healthy source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants and phytonutrients. Know more about bananas here.
If you love eating Banana and looking for more easy banana recipes go check out my delicious Banana Bread Recipe, you will love it.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe Video
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- High-speed Blender
- 1 Large Banana
- 2 Tbs Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- Peel and slice bananas and freeze in a sealed bag. I do this mostly on weekends and use these frozen bananas in my smoothies throughout the week.
- In a high-speed blender add frozen banana slices, peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- Blend until velvety smooth. Drink and enjoy.
- Pour into a glass jar and top it with some banana slices, chocolate shavings, chia seeds or some more maple syrup.
- Drink and enjoy.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.