This satisfying pan fried gnocchi is the ultimate vegan comfort dinner you can ever have. You will love this spongy gnocchi and tender broccoli shreds all slathered in a garlic tomato sauce top with crispy chickpea crumble.
All you need for this satisfying recipe of pan fried gnocchi is 4 main ingredients along with some spices. These are:
Gnocchi: I am using a store-bought, vegan and gluten-free gnocchi, you can make your own at home, but for keeping it simple and quick store-bought will do the job.
Broccoli: The second main ingredient is a fresh green head of broccoli which later we will cut in small shreds like florets.
Chickpeas: This will add a bit of crunch in your recipe. We will create a crispy chickpea crumble to sprinkle on top so you won't miss bacon. It will take this recipe to the next level.
Oil: for stir-frying gnocchi, broccoli and chickpeas.
Tomato Paste: our sauce main ingredient is tomato paste it will give a tangy flavor and vibrant color to the sauce.
Spices and flavors: For seasoning, we are using chilies, garlic, chili flakes, smoked paprika, garlic salt, and salt.
How to Make Pan Fried Gnocchi?
Store-bought gnocchi takes a bit longer than homemade so time differs, but in general, it takes from 2 to 3 minutes. Simply Bring a large pot of salted water to a vigorous boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi, stirring gently with a wooden spoon and cook them until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and set them aside. Reserve some of the cooking water which we will later use in broccoli sauce to make it juicier.
Once the gnocchi is boiled, Heat a skillet (preferably nonstick) over medium to high heat with a tablespoon of oil. Use a large slotted spoon or a strainer to transfer the cooked gnocchi from the boiling water to the skillet, shaking off as much water as possible first. It is better if you pan fry them in batches to get the perfect even golden-brown color.
Stirring occasionally to turn the gnocchi, until they’re lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi.
You will surely love this pan fried gnocchi recipe as it is
- Perfectly spiced
- Quick & easy to make
- And seriously delicious.
PAN FRIED GNOCCHI WITH BROCCOLI AND CHICKPEA CRUMBLE
- 2 Tbs Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ½ Red Chili (chopped)
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Pack Gluten-free Potato gnocchi (16 ounces)
- 2 Cup Broccoli
- ½ Cup Reserved gnocchi stock water
For Chickpea Crumble
- ½ Cup Chickpeas
- ½ Tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbs Oil
- For chickpea crumble, coarsely mash chickpeas with fork or potato masher and mix smoked paprika and garlic salt.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add chickpeas crumble and stir fry while stirring continuously. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until crumble gets dark brown and crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1 tbs of oil on medium heat, gently sauté the garlic and chili until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add tomato paste and a splash of water. Add the broccoli and season it with salt and chili flakes. Cook it for 1 to 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan cook gnocchi in salted water according to packet instructions. when they float to the top, after 2-3 minutes, scoop them out and reserve a cupful of the cooking water.
- Heat a second frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil. Add the gnocchi and fry for 5 minutes, until golden on both sides.
- Mix gnocchi in stir fry broccoli mixture and gently mix together with half a cup of reserved gnocchi cooking water. Cook for another minute and dish out.
- Sprinkle with chickpea crumble and serve hot.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.