Treat yourself with these Finger-licking delicious Vegan Jackfruit Tacos, ready in just 25 minutes, filled with the warmth of fresh flavors.
Attention all taco lovers! It's about time to enjoy some crispy tacos filled with juicy filling. If you are up for a meat-free taco treat that these vegan jackfruit tacos are the next big thing that you must try at home.
Loaded and rich, vegan Jack fruit tacos have a filling that will make your mouth water with the bucket full of flavors. Cooked with tangy, strong-flavored sauces, the jackfruit shreds make a perfect filling for your tacos. The crunchy and juicy vegetables with a vegan Sour cream topping complete the whole package, and you will end up having a perfect meal to serve at your dinner table. Roll it up and pack in the tiffins to take the tacos along with you and try them anywhere at any time.
Things You Will Need to Make Delicious Jackfruit Tacos
Let’s go through the list of the things that you will need to make these fresh, jackfruit tacos:
- Canned jackfruit: To prepare the jackfruit taco meat use canned jackfruit that is packed in a brine, not in syrup. You can also use fresh jackfruit but it will take longer to cook and prepare.
- Spices: Combination of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to season the pulled jackfruit filling.
- Sauces: Barbecue, tomato, and Sriracha sauces to give it's filling a juicy, strong, and tangy flavor.
- Toppings: it can be a combination of any of your favorite ingredients, here we will be using avocado, tomatoes, onion, sour cream, cilantro leaves, and cabbage.
- Taco Shells: Fresh, packed taco shells to make the pulled jackfruit tacos
How to make Jackfruit Tacos?
The best part of making the tacos is that with minimum efforts, and in just a few minutes, you get to have a perfectly nutritious meal for your table. The recipe for this Jackfruit tacos is super simple and easy; it works best for all the beginners. There are three basic things that you need to do:
Prepare the Saucy Pulled Jackfruit Filling:
When it comes to taco, it’s all about the filling; the magic happens here! And the canned jackfruit tacos have the juiciest filling infused with tangy flavors. For this, you will need to have jackfruits. Instead of using fresh jackfruits, which are scarcely available in the market, go for the canned ones.
Remove the jackfruit from its brine solution and allow all the liquid to drain by placing it in the colander. Shred the jackfruit pieces using two forks and leave the shreds again to drain every last drop of liquid.
And when the jackfruit is ready, you can prepare the filling by sautéing all the vegetables with the jackfruit shreds. Add all the spices and sauces mixed in a smooth mixture to infuse all the flavors evenly into the vegetables and the jackfruits. It takes only 15 minutes of cooking, and your filling will be ready to go!
Ready all the Tacos Toppings:
The next important part of these tacos is the toppings. Here we are using fresh vegetables and avocado. You just need to slice them thinly and keep them aside, ready to assemble the tacos. And don’t forget to prepare the tacos as well. Heat them or warm them in the oven or in a skillet, according to the instruction on the taco’s packet.
Assemble and Serve Freshly Made Vegan Jackfruit Tacos:
Now that everything for the tacos is ready, you just need to put them together to make a delicious pulled jackfruit taco. To do so, add the prepared jackfruit filling to the warmed taco shells and divide the toppings on top of the filling. Garnish with cilantro or vegan cream, then serve fresh to enjoy the best home produce flavors.
Watch How to Make Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
Quick video tutorial on how to make pulled jackfruit meat from canned jackfruit and how to assemble vegan jackfruit tacos
If you like to try some other Mexican recipes check out
VEGAN JACKFRUIT TACOS
- 8-12 Hard Taco Shells
Pulled Jacfruit Meat
- 1 can (20 ounce) Jackfruit, packed in brine
- ½ cup Barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbs Sriracha sauce
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black pepper
- ½ Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- ½ Cup Bell peppers, chopped
- Yellow Onions
- Purple Cabbage
- Cilantro leaves
- Vegan sour cream
- Rinse the jackfruit thoroughly in a colander. Use two forks or your fingers to tear into shreds. Set aside.
- Mix the barbecue sauce, tomato paste, sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the jackfruit and bell peppers and cook until the liquid released from the jackfruit is gone.
- Stir in the sauce and reduce the heat to medium low and cover the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning if required.
- While the jackfruit is cooking warm the taco shells according to their package directions.
- Slice avocado, onions, cabbage and tomatoes.
- Fill the taco shells with 2 heaping tablespoons of pulled jackfruit. Top with desired taco toppings, sliced onions, avocado, chopped tomatoes and shredded cabbage.
- Top with some cilantro leaves, vegan sour cream, and lime juice.
- The taco shells must be warm at the time of serving. So, prepare them only 15 minutes before the serving and add the filling to enjoy.
- To make a perfect jackfruit filling, the catch is to drain all the excess liquid out. So, remove the jackfruit from its can at least 5 minutes before making the filling and leave it in the colander.
- You can use other ingredients for toppings as well, like a dollop of vegan mayonnaise, canned corn kernels, or diced cucumber, etc.
- Keep the leftover over jackfruit tacos either wrapped in a plastic sheet or in a sealable container. And serve them again after heating for just 1 minute in the microwave oven.
- A drizzle of chili flakes and lemon juice on top of the pulled jackfruit filling can give your tacos tangier flavor.