A perfect Vegan Crunchwrap recipe, that is different from the usual flavors as it is filled with creamiest butter cauliflower curry, rice, and crunchy fresh salad. It is a perfect Indian flavor vegan crunchwrap that is creamy, spicy, crunchy and so so flavorful.
Vegan Crunchwrap Ingredients:
- Burrito size tortilla wrap or multigrain wrap
- Butter cauliflower curry
- Cooked Rice
- Corn tostada or crispy tortilla chips
- Fresh salad: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber
- Vegan mayo or cashew cream
How to make a Crunchwrap?
To make this perfect Indian and Mexican flavor fusion crunch wrap
- First, roast the cauliflower florets and then make the delicious creamiest butter cauliflower curry. Set aside and bring to room temperature.
- Cook plain white rice, you can use leftover rice for this too.
- Spread a burrito size large tortilla wrap and place cooked rice in the center, followed by butter cauliflower curry.
- Place corn tostada to add some crunch and top it with fresh salad and vegan mayo.
- Next to fold the crunchwrap, first place a small tortilla cutout in the center on top of all ingredients. It will kind of seal them. Now start folding the edges of the big tortilla up and towards the center. Fold as tight as possible.
- Grease a pan and place crunch wrap seam side down and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Serve immediately.
Can You Store a Vegan Crunchwrap?
I would say No, as cauliflower is a kind of ingredient that leaves moisture with the time. Storing this crunch wrap would be not a good choice. If you want to make it ahead of time, I would suggest preparing butter cauliflower curry, cook rice, and prepare fresh salad and store in the refrigerator. When you want to serve it, just wrap, heat it and serve. But do not store the whole thing as it will mess up.
Can You Reheat a Vegan Crunchwrap?
If you want to reheat it do not use the microwave as it will get all soggy. Simply grease the pan and heat it on a stovetop. Reheat the crunch wrap from both sides on medium heat to get the crunch back.
This is super delicious and easy to make and. It was creamy without any cheese and it was so flavorful. If you like this cauliflower recipe you may also enjoy my other vegan cauliflower recipes like SWEET AND SOUR CAULIFLOWER, or SUPER CRISPY RECIPE FOR FRIED CAULIFLOWER.
For Roasting Cauliflower:
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- ½ Tbs Oil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
Butter Cauliflower Curry
- 1 Tbs Vegan Butter
- ½ Medium Onion
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Veg Stock Cube
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garam Masala
- ½ cup Dairy-Free Milk
- 2 Tbs Coconut Cream
- 1 Tbs Coriander leaves (chopped)
For Vegan CrunchWrap:
- Huge burrito size soft tortillas
- Cooked Rice
- Butter Cauliflower Curry
- Corn Tostada
- Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber
- Vegan Mayo
Butter Cauliflower Curry:
- Preheat oven at 200C and line a Baking Tray.
- Cut cauliflower florets in bite-size pieces. Spread over the baking tray.
- Toss the cauliflower with oil, salt, and paprika powder. Roast for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, the cauliflower florets are roasting, prepare the curry sauce.
- In a pan add vegan butter and melt over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic paste and sauté until translucent, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, half a cup of water, vegetable stock cube, salt, chili powder, Turmeric powder, and garam masala.
- Once it starts bubbling add roasted cauliflower florets, dairy-free milk, and coconut cream. cook for about two to three minutes or until the sauce gets into a thick consistency. Make sure sauce gets thick otherwise it will make the crunch wrap soft.
For Vegan Crunchwrap:
- Spread large flour tortilla on a flat surface. Place a couple of spoons of cooked rice in the center of the tortilla.
- Next, pour over butter cauliflower curry on the bed of rice. Make sure rice and cauliflower curry are in room temperature otherwise crunch wrap will get soggy.
- Next, add the tostada shell, a thin layer of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. Spread over some vegan mayo.
- Place a small tortilla over them and fold the edges up and towards the center. Fold as tight as possible.
- Heat half a tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Place the vegan crunchwrap, seam-side down, onto the pan. Cook for 2-3 min, or until golden brown. Flip and cook wrap on the other side.
- Serve immediately.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.