Best vegan chocolate crinkle cookies, with a crispy crinkly outside to the soft gooey fudge-like center. It is one of the most aesthetically appealing vegan Christmas cookies recipe ever.
These amazing chocolate crinkle cookies are so scrumptious and look so gorgeous. That’s the best thing ever you can share with your friends and family as a homemade Christmas gift. They are a sugar-coated brownie cookie. All you have to do is roll out your dough ball into heaps of powdered sugar and voila. You are good to go. You will get the best ever crinkly cookie topped with snow like sugar layer. Believe me, it's so Christmassy...
How to Make The Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies?
- Make flax meal egg by mixing it with water and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken. As its a vegan cookie recipe we are using flax meal egg as a replacement to egg.
- Start with melting the vegan butter, make sure you bring it to room temperature before mixing it with other ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients. You need all-purpose flour, natural unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Make sure you chill the cookie dough for at least 3 to 4 hours. The dough is super sticky and easier to manage once it has been chilled. Sometimes I chill it overnight. Chilled cookie dough is not only easy to handle but also it bakes thicker cookies.
- After chilling, roll the cookie dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- To form the better crinkles DO NOT press dough balls, they will naturally bake into shape.
- Make sure your oven is well hot before putting your cookies. Cookies will be super soft when they come out of the oven and harden as they cool. Let them sit for some time on the baking tray before transferring to a cooling rack. If you bake them for too long, the center will not be fudgy.
You will like this foolproof vegan chocolate crinkle cookie as it is
- Crispy from the outside
- Melts in the Mouth
- And So Tasty.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Dairy free butter (Melted)
- 2 Tbs Almond milk
- 2 Tbs Flax seed meal (Mix in 6 Tbs of water)
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- ½ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Icing sugar
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water. Mix and set aside for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add sugar and melted vegan butter and stir with a silicone spatula until well combined. Next add the ground flax seed mixture, almond milk, and vanilla essence, and mix well to combine.
- In another, medium-sized bowl, Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours to let the mixture get firm. You can also leave it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the dough is chilled and firm, roll it into 1 tbsp balls and then roll in the icing sugar, making sure to coat the balls generously. Make sure you cover all sides. The more powdered sugar, the better the crinkling pattern on the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They will appear slightly under cooked but will get firm once cooled down. Make sure you don’t over bake them! If you leave them in the oven too long they will end up dry inside.
- Once cooled down you will get a crispy outside with a fudge-like center.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 7 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store any extra cookies in an airtight container for a week.
- Use canola oil or coconut oil If you can't find any vegan butter option.
- Make sure you leave the dough for at least 3 to 4 hours to get a firm consistency to roll into a ball.
- You can make this dough ahead of time and leave it overnight.
- Use oil on your hands for rolling the dough so it won't stick to your hands.
PIN THIS RECIPE
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.
I tried this today, it came out well. Thank you so much for this recipe.
What's up to every one, since I am genuinely eager of
reading this website's post to be updated regularly.
It carries nice stuff.
Emilio Whitson says
Thank you so much, been looking for this.
Hope you like it.
Marcela Padovano says
Thank you I am going to share my friends your page.
Royal CBD says
Thanks very interesting blog!
Pierre Kirner says
You should be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality websites on the net. I will highly recommend this site!