Sweet and sour cauliflower on a bed of rice is what a perfect dinner sounds to me. This dish is a vegan wonder, it is super fast to make.
One of the best parts of this recipe is the sauce, sweet, sour and savory. A good sweet and sour sauce needs to have a nice tang to it and the perfect sweetness. It’s so addictive and you will want to use it on everything! It’s also very easy to make with a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This sauce recipe is truly like what you get at a good Chinese restaurant.
If you make the recipe, do let me know in the comments how you liked it. Now let me show you how it’s done!
You will surely love this recipe as it is
- Quick & easy to make
- And seriously delicious.
Vegan Sweet and Sour Cauliflower
- 3 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Water
- 1 tbs Corn flour / Corn starch
- 1 cup Vegetable broth (with salt)
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 5-6 cloves Chopped garlic
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets.
- In the pan add cauliflower oil and a splash of water,
- Cover the pot and let it cook on slow heat.
- Once cauliflower gets soften add half of the sauce and let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cornflour into the remaining sauce and mix.
- Now add the remaining sauce into cauliflower and cook until thickened.
- Serve with boiled rice.