Try this quick and easy vegan parmesan cheese recipe, ready in just five minutes with only five ingredients. It adds a great savory and cheesy flavor to any meal.
This vegan parmesan cheese is made without cashews. You will be amazed by its cheese-like flavor and how quick and simple it is to make. It is a dairy-free substitute of parmesan cheese you can sprinkle it over almost any meal to get an added cheesy and umami flavor.
You only need 5 ingredients to make this dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour gives a smooth creamy and nutty flavor to your parmesan. You can also use almond meals or even raw almonds and crush them. I am using meals as its easier and readily available.
- Sunflower Seeds: They will be a great substitute for cashews and give a nice cheese nutty and crunchy flavor.
- Nutritional Yeast: This will give the real cheesy flavor and golden color to the recipe. It is high in vitamins and gives a great nutritional boost.
- Salt: To taste
- Garlic Powder: This will add some great savory and umami flavor to the vegan parmesan.
How to Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese
To make this delicious vegan parmesan cheese start with processing the sunflower seed. In a food processor, add sunflower seeds and pulse to form a chunky meal. Do not powder it. Pulse just 2 or 3 times and, that will be fine
Next, in a large bowl add almond meal, crushed sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder.
Mix with a spoon or spatula. Crush all almond meal lumps by pressing them and make sure there are no lumps.
Store in an airtight container and sprinkle over your savory meals to get an amazingly cheesy flavor.
You can store this vegan parmesan in an airtight container in the pantry for about 2 to 3 months and in the fridge for about 6 months. Make sure you are using fresh sunflower seeds and almond meals to make this recipe. If they are already changing their taste, over time this could affect the taste of parmesan too.
Uses of Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Use this vegan parmesan cheese to add a cheesy flavor to any of your meals. Make sure If you want to put it on your baked goods, sprinkle it after baking is done as it will burn if you bake it.
You can sprinkle this delicious goodness on
Nut Free Vegan Parmesan
To make nut-free vegan parmesan you can use hemp seeds instead of almond flour. Hemp seed will give the same smooth and nutty flavor to the recipe.
VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
- food processor
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tbs Sunflower Seeds
- 3 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a food processor add sunflower seeds and pulse to form a chunky meal. Do not powder it.
- In a large bowl add almond meal, crushed sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder.
- Mix with a spoon and make sure there are no lumps.
- Store in an airtight container. Sprinkle over roasted veggies, pasta, pizza, and so on.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment and show some love by rating it in stars. Do not forget to take a picture and tag us @getsetvegan on Instagram. We would love to see this.