Today I am sharing a very basic banana bread recipe. It's easy and foolproof. It's wonderful plain, with chopped pecans or walnuts, or even chocolate chips. You need 4 ripe bananas and a few basic kitchen ingredients to get started. Whenever I have a few bananas going soft and ripe, this banana bread recipe is the first thing that comes in my mind.
It Is vegan means no dairy no eggs. It is important to start with very ripe bananas to achieve moist texture and banana-like taste. Riper the bananas, tastier the bread is.
Vegan Banana Bread
- 4 Ripe banana
- 1 cup Nondairy milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbs Coconut oil
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Walnuts and pecans
- Preheat oven at 375F, and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and place them into a bowl. Mash them well with a fork or potato masher. Now slowly add almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In a separate large m bowl put all dry ingredients and mix. Next, stir in wet batter slowly and mix well, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add in any handful of nuts like pecans, walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips, coconut flakes, etc.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until a skewer can come out clean and cracked on top.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack. Allow the loaf to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
Calories: 393kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 8gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 284mgPotassium: 479mgFiber: 4gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 246IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 232mgIron: 3mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @GetSetVegan or tag #getsetvegan!
Leave a Reply